Sunday 13 May 2012

Kosciuszko - Part 5: Camping & Night Serenade


Hello!

Today accommodation!

On my way to Mt Kosciuszko, I stayed and camped at the Cooma snowy mountains tourist park, in Cooma and off the Snowy mountains highway. 

It is pretty cheap but if you want to camp for FREE, friends of mine stayed at the Numeralla River Rest Area, 14km South of Bredbo and 20km North of Cooma, next to the river. It was recommended by the book camps 6. The rest area is free and has port-a-loos.
 
Unless it’s high season, I would recommend booking the accommodation at the last minute, especially as you might decide to go at the last minute based on the latest weather forecast. 

A word of caution, both camps have plenty of frogs nearby. Light sleepers, bring your ear plugs! I recorded the night serenade from my compatriots below:

Photo: www.mefeedia.com

The next day, my friends (also French) came over and brought some croissants bought in Cooma for breakfast. Best way to start the day prior to getting on our way to the mountains!

In the next post, we will list what you need to pack and bring with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment