Monday 7 May 2012

Crushed Bike, Last Patrol & Adventure Racing

Hello everyone,

Cannot believe that it has been exactly a month since my last post!

Had the post Kosciuszko - Part 4: Going there in my draft ready to go but with Easter and moving places, it sadly did not happen until now. Let me know what you think about it!

Anyways, since then, I had my last patrol for the season in Freshwater:

Bye for now dear rescue board!
It has been a great season with no major drama, a lot of fun, great teamwork and great weather! I love being able to exercise outdoors and do my bit for the community at the same time, thank you surf life saving!

Also went to the great Oaks trail for a mountain bike ride and clocked up nearly 50km/h downhill which was really exhilarating! Sadly my GoPro decided to stop filming before the fast leg and the handlebar holder broke with the vibrations! But this little GoPro in its case did not come out with a single scratch!

Haven't gone through all the movies but hopefully will post that soon.

Quite a dramatic event happened since then which will definitely prevent me from doing pure mountain bike races (sadly for my friends at Maxadventure which are organising the Wombat & Convict 100kms), I crushed my competition mountain bike:

Two of the three cracks on the frame
A pretty dear lesson to teach me not to forget to take the bike off the roof racks before entering the garage :/

I went to see the friendly team at Bike addictions and thought I could change the frame but sadly the fork also got damaged so I will need to get a new bike :/

In two minds at the moment with buying a new bike (especially with the upcoming expenses to do with climbing Mt Blanc), so for now will use my old hardtail (which is not much fun to ride) but better than no bike. Did receive an email today from maxadventure, saying that Kathmandu is looking for experienced, passionate Kathmandu gear testers. Fingers crossed, I will be selected which will be great to put the gear to test climbing Mt Blanc! Then I definitely get a new bike :D

I actually did ride my old bike at the Duo race at Belanglo state forest, which was a great event with both orienteering and bike riding. 

Next upcoming race will be the Kathmandu Adventure Race in the Royal National Park. 

Always very special race for me as it was the place where I started to do adventure racing! The weather was terribly cold and wet, but I could not help smiling for the entire race, check this out:

Kathmandu Adventure Race RNP
It is two weeks away and a great race to do. Always lots of fun. I would highly recommend doing it if you want to take on a new challenge and/or do something different!

After registering online, a PR person from the Kathmandu Adventure Series actually contacted me to potentially run a story with the local newspapers. Watch the space!

No comments:

Post a Comment