Saturday 5 January 2013

Mark Webber Challenge - Team Rexona NoQuit - Intro


Team Rexona No Quit (Eric, Glenn and Christophe) with Mark Webber
No Quit. From the beginning we knew it was going to be tough. 350 kms across Tasmania over 5 days. 

Course outline
And if one thought that was not hard enough, we had only a few weeks to train. In the ideal situation, you would need three to six months to prepare. And that was straight after coming back from France, climbing mountains.

From the very moment I saw the ad from Rexona on Facebook, looking for a team of three to represent them at the Mark Webber Challenge, I knew this was for us, I knew this was us. 


Glenn’s reaction when I called him to announce that we had been selected to represent Rexona “Oh s**t, you are not serious. We won the competition? Now we will have to train super hard. I will have to tell Jodie and the kids they won’t see me much for the next month”.

For the next five weeks, we had to pack as much training as we could in our busy working lives.

I could not thank Rexona enough for this opportunity. Eric, Glenn and I were selected by Rexona to be the “Rexona No Quit” Enthusiast team. One of the three categories of the Mark Webber Challenge.

I also want to thank our partners and families for supporting us in the weeks leading up to the event, during and post the event. 

Video highlights of the Mark Webber Challenge 2012:

  

You can see Glenn and me in the video above at 0:23, after crossing the finish line on day 1.

In the next few posts, I will share with you this fantastic adventure that is the Mark Webber Challenge in beautiful Tasmania. I will describe each day with pictures and videos but also provide insights for anyone interested in adventure racing and/or preparing for the Mark Webber Challenge.


No comments:

Post a Comment